Why professional predictions are rare
Most analysts prefer to comment current events at length: i.e. there is an oversupply in commentary and a shortage of informed predictions. Many are afraid of making predictions for fear of being wrong, failing to see that the value of a prediction is in its rationale.
The value is in the rationale
The rationale and analysis are normally of greater value than the exact prediction per se. After all, empirically, most predictions are destined to fail. On the other hand, it is not difficult to make daring predictions to benefit from extreme events: i.e. spreading fear is easier than giving sound assurance.
Therefore most people are looking to economists to provide a clear predictive outlook with a balanced rationale that can be updated as the scenario unfolds. This is what we endeavour to offer.
Safety in principles
In our geopolitical macroeconomic analysis we adhere to the following solid principles:
- We avoid hatred or judgement
- We shed light on the facts and try to point to the truth
- We encourage nations to address ethical issues and dark chapters in their past. This is essential for healing of international relationships and for prosperity.
- We encourage repentance and forgiveness – this is the only true basis for reconciliation and lasting peace between nations, generations and people groups.
Disclosure: Yes, these are biblical principles.
Research & advisory network
Christian Takushi’s personal network includes individuals in the fields of diplomacy, economics, global business, engineering, law and religion. They provide valuable and diverse inputs, analysis and criticism. Takushi can also draw on the support of international leaders (with military & global business background) for global strategic advice and critical feedback.
Recommend next page: Methodology
Our approach of seeking wisdom rather than maximising knowledge, helped us predict the BREXIT and TRUMP shocks:
- Geopolitical Update : USA wages war with USD; could devastate EU, UK
- Geopolitical Podcast: Queen Elizabeth II, Inflation, USD as a weapon, Trade shifts, War
- Geopolitical Update : The death of the Queen brings the world to a standstill, UK reset?
- Geopolitical Interview: Europe in the Energy Trap
- Geopolitical Speech: What Geopolitics will bring to the world