Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Takushi’s Geopolitical Research Website & Newsletter:
Christian’s blog supports research exchange among analysts, decision makers and scholars, but it also offers readers in emerging markets access to an independent and non-ideological geopolitical analysis. No agitation, verbal abuse, activist rhetoric nor judgemental preconception against any nation is tolerated on this website.
Although we keep our subscription process simple & straightforward to afford this website, we safeguard private data.
For whom our website & newsletter is useful, for whom it is not
- This website and this newsletter is intended mainly for private persons and decision makers that want a distinct nonconsensual perspective on the changing geopolitical and macroeconomic realities of our time.
- Our geopolitical updates contain no market research and no investment recommendations.
- In a highly interconnected world, geopolitical and political research will from time to time invariably touch on the economy and financial markets. As a trained economist & investment veteran Christian Takushi writes from an economic perspective. Still none of our analysis should be understood or construed as investment advice. If you are a qualified investor, part of our research can be found on RSRCHX.com, a MIFID II-compliant research platform.
- Our geopolitical analysis is highly strategic & rather long term oriented. Those seeking a newsletter for short term news or trading purposes should not try to subscribe to this newsletter.
- Persons that need a periodic newsletter (with fixed & frequent schedules for distribution like once a week, once a month or once a quarter) should not try to subscribe to our newsletter.
- We maintain a limited number of readers in our database and reject subscriptions from persons that do not match our criteria.
1) Although Macro Economist Christian Takushi has been writing reports for over 28 years and successfully pointed to the BREXIT & Trump surprises as well as the liberal shift in France and Germany in 2017 (all non-consensus forecasts), there is no guarantee our analysis can keep this high accuracy throughout the future.
Limitations: Although we endeavour to provide an independent & non-ideological geopolitical analysis using proprietary methods and we take into account Western and Oriental ways of thinking, no analytical approach at aggregate levels is without limitations. Geopolitical outcomes are highly dependent on both the political process and the global macro landscape. Many factors can impact the political process and suddenly lead to an unexpected outcome.
2) We take personal data seriously and are highly supportive of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). We maximise the safety and privacy of your data by the following measures we have taken:
- We are committed to remain an independent source of non-consensual geopolitical analysis
- We don’t sell your personal data nor do we share it with any other party for commercial gain
- We included data protection in the earliest design of our newsletter service and engaged an external professional cyber security company
- We collect the absolutely minimum of personal data as required by Swiss Authorities. By requesting only your name, address and email address. By committing to never sell your data to anyone, we greatly contribute to personal data protection
- We remain committed to our core competence, geopolitical research. This is a highly specific market niche that allows us to keep things small & clear. This focus greatly enhances security at all levels
- We also endeavour to use a competent and GDPR-committed newsletter software. By subscribing to our newsletters and using our research you agree with the data protection policies of the newsletter software firm we have chosen. To maximise your data protection, the geopolitical research, the handling of client data and the generation of the newsletters is done inside our protected site
- At any time our readers can unsubscribe and request their data deleted. They can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org with enqueries
We believe it is important that we focus on what we are best at, and that we rely on a professional best-practice company for the automatic data handling.
3) Every subscriber understands that there we have no intention to comment on every seemingly important world event. Our geopolitical analysis is highly strategic & long term oriented. Should our analysis not deviate from consensus significantly, no newsletter will be issued (this is part of our approach and commitment to add value).
4) There is no fixed frequency for writing our strategic newsletters – we rather focus on responsiveness. Takushi has applied this for years and readers have appreciated this sensical approach: analysis, fact gathering and writing is on going, but posts are released only when our analysis deviates from consensus in a significant way. There is sadly enough noise and repetitive analysis out there – in the realm of geopolitics there are periods of extreme noise and disinformation, but also silence.
Thus, the frequency of our newsletters depends on our independent analysis of geopolitical events, aggregate data and the global macro landscape only. If our geopolitical assessment changes rapidly, we may write more often. If it doesn’t, we won’t release a post. We make this absolutely clear, so no reader should be subscribed to this newsletter that wants a typical frequent newsletter. We don’t want to issue a report simply, because everybody else is issuing something. We may write a lot or little or nothing for a long time.
There is therefor no obligation for us to issue newsletters!
An example for our responsiveness approach: during Spring-Summer 2017 Takushi released one post per month in average. But he released 4 posts in the first 3 weeks of Autumn 2017 alone.
In general we shall issue a new update if the following criteria are met
- Our geopolitical assessment on an important development changes significantly
- We ascertain that consensus is misjudging an important development and we deviate from the consensus view in a significant way
- We think we can add value to what consensus is providing
5) Governing Law
These terms & conditions are governed by Swiss law as applicable in the State of Zurich
6) The contents, risk models, aggregation methods and corporate design are copyright of Christian Takushi MA UZH. Our research can be used for personal and commercial purposes provided we are properly acknowledged and quoted (i.e. Source: Christian Takushi, independent Macro Economist). Any replication or distribution has to be explicitly permitted by us.
- None of our geopolitical assessments or comments should be interpreted as an investment recommendation or investment suggestion.
- Readers acknowledge with their subscription or use of our website that geopolitical research is highly complex and dependant on a multitude of factors. Thus, the global geopolitical landscape can change suddenly and we cannot guarantee accuracy. In geopolitical, political and macro analysis the outcome can suddenly be influenced by so called Force Majeure.
- Any person reading this newsletter or any info on our website should consider the content as an independent opinion only. He or she should not make important decisions based solely on our views. He or she should get professional advice first and weigh other perspectives. We cannot assume any responsibility for readers’ personal actions. We assume readers apply caution, common sense and self-responsibility.
- Any person that uses our website or is subscribed to our newsletter accepts our private policy rules and our Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions might be subject to changes in the future if regulation, technology or client needs deem it necessary. Nevertheless, our purpose and approach are steadfast. We encourage our readers to check this statement regularly.
We thank you for your trust and interest in our geopolitical research and political insights.
Zurich – Switzerland. Latest edition in October 2019 (section 4 was expanded).
Note: This website www. geopoliticalresearch.com was built in 2014 by Economist Christian Takushi, initially with the name GeopoliticalEconomics.org – Since then several companies have adopted a similar name. Christian coined this term in 2013-2014 and has promoted it around the world as a generic term among researchers and analysts. This in order to highlight the growing interaction between geopolitical and economic forces around the world. He thus welcomes the growing use of the term geopolitical economics or geopolitical economy around the world.